[digiKam-users] Read associated XMP-file(s)

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 19:20:23 BST 2022

Both sidecar files should never be present. picture1.xmp is always read if it
is present in order to make it easier for Windows users to import the
metadata. If you need to exchange data with programs that write picture1.xmp,
also enable the option in the digiKam sidecar settings to be compatible with
commercial programs.
Picture1.nef.xmp would do better and fewer problems in the future. You have to
decide if you need to exchange the sidecars with other programs.

Maik