[digiKam-users] Read associated XMP-file(s)

Henrik Hemrin hehemrin at hemrin.com
Wed Sep 21 18:28:19 BST 2022

Hello,

Settings - Metadata - Associated files: I have marked ”Read from associated files”.

I have in the folder to read/import:

picture1.nef
picture1.xmp
picture1.nef.xmp

1. Which of the xmp-files is read or are both read?

2. If both are read, which takes precedence in case of conllicting data?

3. Is the answer dependent on which variant that I set digiKam to create (=If I have marked ”Associated file names are compatible with commercial programs” or not marked it?

4. If only one is read, can I choose which one digiKam should read (if not answered above)?

5. Is it dependent on which program(s) has created or modified the associated file?

6. If only one of the xmp-variants exist, is that file always read (if not obvious from answers above)?

If anyone know the answers. Else I suppose I can do some trials.

Best regards
Henrik