[digiKam-users] xmp sidecar files for tiff files

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 21:45:42 BST 2022

Possibly Exiv2 could not write to the TIFF file, there can be different reasons.
Then a sidecar is created automatically, since the TIFF file is only "Read
only". A debug log or a TIFF test file would be good.

Please download DebugView from Microsoft and start it. Activate the internal
debugging in the digiKam setup under Miscellaneous-> System and start digiKam
again. Now write metadata to the TIFF file and post all the output from the
DebugView window.

Maik