[digiKam-users] Feature, plugin, or advice scanning old photos

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:51:26 BST 2022

Hi all,

For the OCR, digiKam 8.0.0 will have an OCR plugin using Tesseract,
including online translations and batch processing.

https://i.imgur.com/hfrUxjK.png

For the hand written text, I know that Tesseract has a module using
deep learning, but you need to teach the neural network. I don't
tested this feature.

Best

Gilles Caulier