[digiKam-users] Feature, plugin, or advice scanning old photos

Marc Palaus marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:33:49 BST 2022

For the first question, I had some short bash scripts that automatically
straightened the pictures (and rotated them if they were in portrait
format), cropped them and corrected the color temperature for a whole
folder, although in some cases a manual revision was still needed. They
use ImageMagick. But they are for linux (or windows if you have the
linux subsystem installed). Tell me if you are interested and and I'll
share them.

No idea on how to scan/store two-side pictures. I just scan both and
give them similar names (like ending in _anverse and _reverse
respectively). OCR for handwriting text, in my experience, doesn't work
very well with any of the existing software solutions. I tried a few to
index some genealogical records, and the results were terrible...

Marc

El 26/10/22 a les 11:47, Randy Wolf ha escrit: