[digiKam-users] Using right-side Filters pane to cull images

2895qgvg6v at liamekaens.com 2895qgvg6v at liamekaens.com
Sat Oct 22 01:42:27 BST 2022

I asked a similar question in
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2020-August/031169.html but
never got a definitive answer from the developers about whether it is a
bug or not (IMHO it is).

In September 2021 I tried to investigate how to change the code so that
flags (and maybe colors too) work like stars in this regard, but I had a
difficult time tracking the flow of QT events to figure out how setting
stars ends up causing photos to disappears from view when they don't
match the stars filter.  Unfortunately I got busy with other things and
wasn't able to work on the investigation for a while and there have been
significant changes to digikam since then including switching to a newer
version of QT, so I would need to start my investigation from scratch.