[digiKam-users] Using right-side Filters pane to cull images

Luca Casone csnluca at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:40:26 BST 2022

Hi.

I need help to understand the behaviour of the right-side Filters pane.

Here it is my use case. I need to cull some images, using flags. So I examine one picture at a time and flag it either rejected, pending or accepted.
In order to reduce the mess, I open the Filters pane and select the Labels Filters to “None”, so that only unflagged images are shown. However if I flag another picture it stays visible, while I expect that it goes away because of the active filter. Also, I cannot find any way to force the filter to re-run. The only way I have to make the new flagged picture disappear is to turn back to the Filters pane—>Labels Filter and deselect+select the “None” filter.

This is quite cumbersome and greatly impacts the Filters pane usage to do culling. Is it the intended behaviour, or am I missing something? There’re alternative ways to cull images the way I described?

Thank you. Regards
Luca