[digiKam-users] high-level photo organization

Tyler Smith tyler at plantarum.ca
Mon Oct 17 02:20:02 BST 2022

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of work in Digikam over the past few weeks, and the many features available for organizing and tagging my photos. Now I wonder how experienced users take advantage of all it offers.

Pre-Digikam, I stored my photos in nested folders by year, month, date, with the dates sometimes labelled by location or event. i.e.,

2022
  10
     09
     10
     31-halloween

Now with Digikam, it's trivially easy to view images by date without sorting them myself. So now I wonder, how do you store your images on file, and how do you approach tagging/rating/annotating? So many options, I'd like to hear about what workflows you find particularly useful.

Thanks,

Tyler

--
plantarum.ca