[digiKam-users] Digikam 7.8.0 doesn't update thumbnails and folders

Chris Deuchar deuchars at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 15:30:20 BST 2022

Hi, I have been using Digikam for a few years, and through several
versions, initially in Win7 but now in Ubuntu 22.04.  However, following
the update from 7.7.0 to 7.8.0, I can no longer get the thumbnails and
folders to update.  I have tried database cleaning (8 hours) and thumbnail
rebuilding (16 hours) but all I seem to have achieved is replacing those
thumbnails that were there with the default icons!

I use this program a lot for producing html albums (which I can still do in
showfoto 7.5.0 - but it is a rather more cumbersome to navigate) so I would
like to get Digikam working properly again.

Alternatively, if I can back track to version 7.7.0 then I will do that if
someone can point me at a source.

TIA, Chris