[digiKam-users] export local storage

Peter Carlson peter at howudodat.com
Sun Nov 27 15:58:07 GMT 2022

I have about 40,000 images.  They are all organized by year, then
possibly further divided by subject.  They are also all tagged. Some
were scanned and are named numerically, others are digital and named by
date/time.

I want to export some based on tags to local storage.  Preserving the
file paths works.  If I want to flatten the hierarchy, I find that there
are some files with conflicts ie: 1991/img001.jpg and 1992/img001.jpg

Is there a way to export, flatten the hierarchy and add a -# to a
filename that conflicts?

Peter