[digiKam-users] Minimize computing effort in mixed environment

Boz Avram theodormcl at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:09:07 BST 2022

Hello,

First, another thank you to the DK developers for the gift of DK, and to the users who contribute their ideas and experiences.
My question for this post relates to a mixed computing environment: a PC and a Mac, each hosting a local set of DK databases, and a NAS that hosts all the photos. Since people tagging (the two steps of detecting and identifying faces) takes a very long time, is there a way to use results of the people (and other) tagging done on one computer, eg on a PC, while accessing the photos from the other (Mac), without having to repeat the identification and detection on the Mac? In my case, either the PC or the Mac is used at one time, not both simultaneously.
Thanks in advance for any clarification. Theo.

Sent from my iPad