[digiKam-users] Thumbnail and preview rotation not in sync

Alan H webaccounts at live.com
Sun May 29 19:24:46 BST 2022

DK7.2 on Win 10. Tried a site search and could not find an answer.

I digitized my slide collection (camera/lens/extension tube/slide holder) creating both a jpeg and raw (rw2) file for each slide. Even though the thumbnail for the jpeg and raw display correctly, as does the jpeg preview, quite randomly and frequently the raw file preview is rotated counter clockwise. If I try to rotate it to the right (clockwise) the preview displays correctly but the thumbnail then rotates clockwise and does not display correctly. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.