[digiKam-users] Organize messy album

Steve Franks stevef48 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:28:53 BST 2022

I would leave the folders as they are, but if you do decide to rearrange
them do it in Digikam. Using an external program will mean that Digikam
would have to rescan your files to update its database.
Why don't you use the Dates tab to view your pictures as you'd like to see
tham and assign Tags to them to let you search for photos of a particular
subject? If the photos already contain Tags (keywords, subject etc.) it's
easy enough to import those into Digikam.
Rearranging photos in folder by hand can lead to all sorts of problems. I
speak from experience, as I'm still encountering duplicate images and
misfiled photos from when I did that years ago.
Steve