[digiKam-users] Migrate db/collection to new OS (windows->mac)

Steve Franks stevef48 at gmail.com
Sat May 7 17:01:19 BST 2022

If you use the first option "Under Windows, rewrite metadata from database
to files", make sure that you change the metadata settings on the new
computer:-
  Configure | Metadata | Advanced
  Click on the dropdown list next to Caption and choose Tags.
  Move Xmp.digiKam.TagsList to the top of the list.
This will ensure that the tags written to image metadata populate the
database first. In fact you can probably untick all of the other options in
this section.
Regards
Steve