[digiKam-users] Simple use case, I'm obviously missing something

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 15 15:47:11 GMT 2022

On mardi 15 mars 2022 16:26:44 CET Ricardo Stella wrote:
> I asked something similar before but never really got an answer.
>
> One workflow in Picasa I was using before war to do a quick slideshow
> of a folder. In full screen view I would then start the photos to
> delete. Very quick and easy process.  Then when done, select all star
> photos and delete.
>
> Could not figure out how to do this easily in dK.
For that particular case I use the "pick labels": red, yellow or green.
Just look at each image in turn and add the corresponding label (red: delete,
yellow: review, green: keep) through keyboard shortcut.
Selecting all the red flags is then easy with the right sidebar "filter"s and
a "select all".

Similar to what you seemed to do in Picasa, while keeping the stars for
ratings (a technically good image would get a green rating, but the star
rating would depend on appreciation, including posing, layout and such).

Remco