[digiKam-users] Simple use case, I'm obviously missing something

Jonathan Kamens jikamens at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 00:41:57 GMT 2022

I want to mark a bunch of photos in some way with a temporary,
short-term mark, then when I'm done doing that save copies of all of
them into a folder.

In the Picasa desktop app I could do this by starring them.

I don't see the corresponding way to do this in digiKam. Am I supposed
to assign them a random temporary label or something? I'm hesitant to do
that because this is not info that needs to be preserved for any length
of time in the database.

The solution I've come up with—which honestly /can't/ be the "right" way
to do this—is to put all the photos into a batch queue and then feed the
queue into a one-line shell script that uses does cp "$INPUT"
target-directory.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jonathan Kamens