[digiKam-users] First 8.0.0 alpha version of digiKam AppImage bundle for Linux.
caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:47:01 BST 2022
I am proud to announce the first alpha version of the next digiKam
8.0.0 as an AppImage bundle for Linux.
IMPORTANT: this is an alpha stage version, so DO NOT use it in
production. This must be used for testing and reporting bugs.
Regressions are certainly present in source code, so you are aware...
See below some technical info :
- This bundle is compiled with the new Qt6 framework.
- KDE framework 5.95 ported to KF6 is used. This code is also known as
- Geolocation is not compiled as Marble code is not yet ported to Qt6.
- 3rdparty plugins such as GMic-Qt are not present as they are not yet
ported to Qt6.
- Linux host used to compile the bundle is Mageia8, So you need a
recent glibc version to run the appimage (>= 2.32).
- The bundle is huge as it includes debug symbols to get GDB backtrace (665 Mb).
You can download file here :
Voilà, if you have any feedback, please let us know in bugzilla.
Thanks in advance
More information about the Digikam-users