[digiKam-users] Exported image orientation different that in-Digikam display -- inconsistent XMP/EXIF/TIFF data?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:29:33 BST 2022

On 7/9/22 1:15 PM, Maik Qualmann wrote:
> With your metadata settings and the metadata in the image, the image is
> correctly aligned. How to you export and transfer to Android Phone?

I use Syncthing to sync my jpg/xmp from local Digikam store to Android.

> Another possibility would be that Apple stores an alignment in the Makernotes
> that is read by the Android phone.

This issue appears to be a problem *only* for files that have originated from iPhone.
I'll never export to iPhone; I don't even typically import from them (these photos were from another user's iPhone).
So I'm happy to wipe all APple-specific data, as long as the EXIF/XMP creation dates stay intact.

Is there a Digikam tool/process for removing only that Apple data?