[digiKam-users] New User Question

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 23:28:41 BST 2022

You may not want to do an import at all. Import will copy the files to a
new location under an existing collection. If you want to access those
files in their current location you should add that location as a new
collection as a networked device.

I am just questioning what you want to achieve because sometimes new
users have not yet fully understood the way digikam works in that it is
just a view onto the OS file system.

If you really do want to copy the files to a new location, then just do
that direct to the directory you want that is under an existing
collection, no need to do an import in that case.

Andrew