[digiKam-users] Search for images with resolution greater than X

Thomas sdktda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:19:15 BST 2022

On 2022-07-04 09:52, Remco Viƫtor wrote:

>> It seems the advanced search allows the user to search for both height,
>> width, aspect ratio as well as pixel size (1, 2, 3 on the screenshot
>> below). However, it seems to only accept an exact search criteria and
>> not any ">" or "<" operators.
> At least in Digikam 7.6.0, both the width and height criteria accept a *range*
> of values. That's easy enough to use as a ">": range between 13000 and
> 6'000'000'000...
> "<" is even easier: between 0 and 12999.

Of course. Thanks. Not sure why I didnt think of that. :-)

So I just tried the above and searched between 10k px and 1000k px and
clicked "Try".

Digikam has now been frozen for several minutes (would guess 5 minutes)
and is still frozen. Is this to be expected on a collection of my size?

digikam4.db is 45MB and I have less than 100k images in this collection.

--
Mvh
Thomas