[digiKam-users] Error building digikam sources with ffmpeg 5

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 04:43:22 BST 2022

Hi,

Le lun. 4 juil. 2022 à 05:32, Steven Robbins <steve at sumost.ca> a écrit :

> I'm attempting to build the head of Digikam git/master.  If I *disable* the
> video player (ENABLE_MEDIAPLAYER=false), the sources build successfully.
>
> When the mediaplayer is ENABLED, I cannot configure; cmake displays
>
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.23/Modules/
> FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
>   Could NOT find FFmpeg (missing: SWRESAMPLE_LIBRARIES
>   SWRESAMPLE_INCLUDE_DIRS)
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   /usr/share/cmake-3.23/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:594
> (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>   core/cmake/modules/FindFFmpeg.cmake:190 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
>   core/cmake/rules/RulesMediaPlayer.cmake:14 (find_package)
>   core/CMakeLists.txt:112 (include)
>
> Is this error familiar to anyone?  Any thoughts?

This is abnormal. SWRESAMPLE LIBRARIES from ffmpeg 5 must be
available. Check your ffmpeg 5 install, especially the ffmpeg-devel
package...but...

...It's a bad idea to compile digiKam with ffmpeg 5. digiKam code is
not yet finalized (even if it compiles) and playing video will not
work. Use the ffmpeg 4.x LTS instead.

Gillrs Caulier