[digiKam-users] Still invisible albums SOLVED

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 09:34:40 BST 2022

Le sam. 2 juil. 2022 à 10:20, gene heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> a écrit :

> On 7/2/22 00:57, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is the problem :
> >
> > Digikam::CollectionScanner::scanAlbum: Folder does not exist or is not
> > readable:  "/mnt/sdb5/home/gene/Pictures"
> >
> > Check the right access to this mount path.
> As I think I've stated, that link is to the same location its in now,
> but that drive
> with an old install of bullseye on it, has been removed.  So the middle
> of that path, /mnt/sdb5,
> no longer exists. That reference is preventing the setup that normally
> runS on first launch.
> So where did 7.1 store that? so I can nuke it, grep cannot find it.

digiKam identifies a disk with the UUID stored in metadata when media
is formatted. This is performed by KDE::Solid framework component.

The collection attached to a disk is stored in the database.

Typically, if you change a disk after a hardware failure, and restore
your collection from a backup, digiKam will parse the new disk and
will ask where it must find the collection on new media.

Best

Gilles Caulier