[digiKam-users] Still invisible albums

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 1 18:08:22 BST 2022

On vendredi 1 juillet 2022 18:33:48 CEST gene heskett wrote:
> On 7/1/22 11:53, gene heskett wrote:
> > Greetings All;
> >
> > I just purged the debian digikam v7.1.0, and installed this weeks 64
> > bit AppImage.
> > Version 7.8.0
> >
> > It still cannot see /home/xxxxx/Pictures which has about 50G of older
> > pictures in the various subdirs.  Like 7.1.0 it sees the camera and its
> > cards contents just fine but because it cannot see a place to import
> > them to,
> > I am forced to remove the card, put it in a reader and from there load
> > it into
> > gimp.
> >
> > Is there some option to set to enable that? The AppImage downloaded
> > another
> > nearly 400 megs of stuff and reported success but a restart does not
> > fix this
> > problem.
> >
> > What do I check for next?
>
> Next is the user, its digiKam, so of course it can't see my stuff.
> Since I am the only user here that breaths, how to I fix that?
>
> Make digiKam a member of my group? That is a security hole
> that will need plugged.
>
> Since _I_ ran it, from _MY_ terminal, why is it not running as me?
>
> I DO own the AppImage.
>
> > Thanks all.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.
You *have* defined at least one collection for digikam. That should have been
asked for on first startup, iirc, you can check and define additional
collections in the configuration dialog. If it's a remote collection that's
not accessible, it's normal you have a problem...

As for your posting, it helps to give the others some little time before
getting unpleasant.