[digiKam-users] Still invisible albums

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Jul 1 17:33:48 BST 2022

On 7/1/22 11:53, gene heskett wrote:
> Greetings All;
>
> I just purged the debian digikam v7.1.0, and installed this weeks 64
> bit AppImage.
> Version 7.8.0
>
> It still cannot see /home/xxxxx/Pictures which has about 50G of older
> pictures in the various subdirs.  Like 7.1.0 it sees the camera and its
> cards contents just fine but because it cannot see a place to import
> them to,
> I am forced to remove the card, put it in a reader and from there load
> it into
> gimp.
>
> Is there some option to set to enable that? The AppImage downloaded
> another
> nearly 400 megs of stuff and reported success but a restart does not
> fix this
> problem.
>
> What do I check for next?
Next is the user, its digiKam, so of course it can't see my stuff.
Since I am the only user here that breaths, how to I fix that?

Make digiKam a member of my group? That is a security hole
that will need plugged.

Since _I_ ran it, from _MY_ terminal, why is it not running as me?

I DO own the AppImage.

> Thanks all.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.