[digiKam-users] digiKam-users] thumbdrive insertion creates phoenix album from ashes

Ty Mayn tyrus.mayn at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 02:46:49 GMT 2022

This post is joining a thread with a metaphorical title chosen to reflect
my surprise at the described behavior.  As a non programmer study a program
by what and how it delivers under actions chosen through the interface.
   While waiting for insight from those with deeper understanding I went
back to replicate the described events and could not  .... except for one
condition.
  Ive been testing while in different user accounts and discovered that I
was confused in identity with more than one  instance of digikam pointing
to identical folder collection.  Only one of these  had a removed
thumbdrive collection and the other had retained it as defined by
different digikamrc (and user)
 Add to that my probing the digkam4 database directly must have been
examining the wrong file and finding the Root Album misleading.
 So both my metaphor and interpretation of events find no support in a
replication. Reality fits a confusion of users and running instances of the
program
    In such circumstance it has been fortunate if knowledgeable members of
this list have either overlooked or been overwhelmed to venture  any
explanation based on  the code  or experience.
    Onward to other topics hopefully with less confusion and more substance
Thanks Ty