[digiKam-users] how to move collections

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 21:32:07 GMT 2022

Le mer. 26 janv. 2022 à 09:30, frederic chaume <frederic.chaume at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> thanks all for your feedback, so seems straightforward now , good news
>
> Maik, I have 50 collections because I have 2 collections per year (since
> lat 25 years)  , one for the raw and one for the published jpg and I'm
> using different backup solutions for each
> Now I didn't think about the best strategy, when I start using DK, just
> started to create collections per year. What is the best or the most
> efficient or more performant ? more smaller collections or less bigger
> collections? is there any advice let me know I can think to revise my
> strategy

We have never tested digiKam with a lot of collections like you.

But typically it must be fully transparent. If you don't find any time
latency while searching items over all collections, well it's perfect.

There is no perfect workflow. Each user setup collections as the best
personal solution. You can set just one collection with all stored items in
a specific album categorized by type of events, not by date, and use the
calendar or the timeline tools to do the triaging for you.

Best

Gilles Caulier