[digiKam-users] THANKS: a .deb Package for DK 7.50 ...

pixelpiet at web.de pixelpiet at web.de
Mon Jan 24 12:42:22 GMT 2022

Hello, a great thanks to Rob Savoury, who now provided a Digikam version
7.50 in his PPA! The described problems with the appimage are after
installation of these native .deb no more.
According to the error reports to the 7.40, this new version seems again
a perfect and good working update. Many thanks to the developers!!!

But I would have a constructive proposal. Perhaps the Digikam project
should take an example of the distribution of DarkTable, which reach a
wide range of Linux versions via SUSE OBS in native versions.

Greats pp

Hallo

i am using Digikam since version 6.4 and later with LinuxMint to now
20.3 i used the 7.X.

Rob Savoury has build the last installation packages as .deb for version
7.3. (Focal). There was no 7.40 to get. And now there is the new 7.50.

Now i uninstalled this best integrated .deb version and downloaded the
new version of Digikam 7.50 as AppImage.

I don't want to critsize the lot of good work the developers have done
but i dont like AppImages, Flatpack, Snap and all this linux-uncommon
"shit".

It begins with that the design is not as used before an i can't choose
the right. There are no more icons from the choosen theme and so on ...

The second strange behavior is with the "Open with"-command for
pictures. Before i could easily choose a software what i like for
editing from a list. For example Art or Gimp, only one klick away. Now i
get a complicated dialog, where i only can choose Art (why ever) and the
following changes the whole system for JPEG-files to Art. That is not
what i want.

Sorry my bad english. Please make a real .deb installation, that works
and is best integrated with the system. Please tell Rob Savoury that
there is a new version, i think his ppa is the best place for it or make
a own one on Launchpad.

Thank you for your great work on Digikam. It is a real usefull
software!!! but only if it is integrated in the system right.

Greats pp