[digiKam-users] album changes removal without reduction in thumbnail.db or digikam4.eb

Ty Mayn tyrus.mayn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 01:41:46 GMT 2022

In my narrative of this behavior I cant be sure how my backup image
collection became duplicated into the digi databases
It could easily have been confused experimenting on my part.  But i have
carefully witnessed an album removal without a concurrent shrinking of any
digikam database (thumbnail file especially observed)
    The point of this post is that I carefully watched the outcome of using
the trash can choice to remove the unwanted collection and carefully the
databases did not change byte size.    The removed listing was in the
category " collections of portable media"   The listing surely did
disappear and the entire Tree for that collections of duplicates also
disappeared from the Browser pane. I did that removal while having the
actual collection out of reach (thumbnail not plugged in)
In later iterations of digikam if I plug that thumbnail back in there is
certainly no "revival" the deleted collection
    But the 4 digikam files remain the same size as before removal and
during multliple startups
The only change in each of these files in a new startup is the date of
access and modify attribute. EAch file content remains identical byte size.
How do you instruct Digikam to actually downsize the thumbnails (should
reduce roughly by half) or any other file during a removal?
Ty