[digiKam-users] why do I rejoin Digikam MailMan list?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Jan 18 11:52:03 GMT 2022

Stuart T Rogers <stuart at stella-maris.org.uk> wrote:
> I agree, I like the mailing list and the fact that we get responses from
> the developers on a regular basis. I also think that the mailing list
> gets better requests for information than many forums because people
> stop and think before posting a question because they know everyone on
> the list will see their update.

I too am strongly in favour of retaining the mailing list.

I am on a lot (60 or more) software support and other lists.  If these
were forums I simply wouldn't be able to handle them all.  With E-Mail
everything arrives in one place (my E-Mail client) and I can manage
them all using the same editor etc. etc.  If they were all forums I'd
have to go from web site to web site and every one would have a
different interface, a complete pain.

--
Chris Green
ยท