[digiKam-users] Importing from iPhone on Windows

Ricardo Stella stella at rider.edu
Mon Jan 3 14:35:29 GMT 2022

The main issue with importing photos from iOS is with the conversion from
HEIC to JPG.

If in Settings/Photos you have Automatic set for Transfer to Mac or Pc, iOS
will convert to JPG on the fly when transferring.  Most times I get error
specially with videos and can’t transfer any more unless you restart the
phone and or the computer.

If you use Keep Original then it would not convert and will transfer in
HEIC.

---