[digiKam-users] Digikam-users Digest, Vol 201, Issue 26

digikam-users.johnny1000 at spamgourmet.com digikam-users.johnny1000 at spamgourmet.com
Sun Feb 20 10:24:02 GMT 2022

Hi Dan,

when you need just one specific group of images you may be able to just
use the search input line at the top of the right hand search tab.

Example:

To get all images where the name contains both "dogs" and "-vancouver" type:

"dogs -vancouver" (notice the space before "-")

Press enter to do the search.

According to the digiKam user manual the space between words in this
input line acts as an AND between the search words.

If you want to find multiple groups of images, you may have luck with
the advanced search.

Example:

To get all images matching the logic ("dogs" OR "cyclists") AND
"-vancouver" do this:

Make a new advanced search.
In the input field labeled "Find items that have associated all these
words:" type in "dogs -vancouver"
Click the button "+ Add search group"
Make sure the logic operator between the groups are set to "OR" (in the
blue header between the groups, click the word to switch between "OR"
and "AND").
Scroll down to the next input field labeled "Find items that..." (as above.
Type in "cyclists -vancouver"
Do the search.

Best regards :o)
Johnny :o)