[digiKam-users] Can I turn off automatic face detection?

Will Rose will.rose at outlook.com
Sat Feb 5 23:55:54 GMT 2022

When DK detects new folders and imports the albums, is it scanning them for faces during the import? I notice when I open up a new photo there is often a face tag already detected, and DK is asking "Who is this?". I would like to turn this off if possible since I prefer adding face tags manually, especially if it requires quite a bit of processing to go through dozens or hundreds of photos on import.