[digiKam-users] Reread metadata from files: Can this extend to XMP sidecars?

Will Rose will.rose at outlook.com
Thu Feb 3 03:42:57 GMT 2022

You are correct. I don't need that option checked and I will disable it. When I first started migrating over to DigiKam from Windows Photo Gallery, I followed the DigiKam tutorial for "Setup of digiKam for Windows compatibility" and the option was checked. I didn't see a downside to it and didn't even realize what would happen if I unchecked it.

I don't shoot in Raw but what you said is good to know. At this point I realize I won't be going back to the Windows Photo Gallery program so I'll try to pay more attention to what DigiKam uses for default options.

Thanks!