[digiKam-users] Reread metadata from files: Can this extend to XMP sidecars?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 07:35:07 GMT 2022

If you do not activate "Sidecar filenames are compatible with commercial
programs" a separate sidecar will be created for each image/video format, even
if the base name is the same. You need to know whether you really need the
sidecar BASENAME.xmp for other programs or whether BASENAME.EXT.xmp would be
better for you.

Maik