[digiKam-users] Synchronizing metadata?

Henrik Hemrin hehemrin at hemrin.com
Wed Feb 2 12:27:47 GMT 2022

George,

On the second question, I would use the XMP sidecar as the key for solution. You set up so DK writes metadata to XMP side car, you bring the latest side car with you between your computers and ask DK data base to read the latest XMP side car file after you have updated it/brought to the other computer. This method of course means you cannot update the same photo on both machines at the same time.

Someone else may elaborate more in detail, but one general level, I believe this can be a simple solution.

I am sure it is possible make a more advanced setup, I guess that kind of effort depends on how many photos, how often etc, if a more automatic proper sync is better. But again, someone else may have that answer.

Best regards
Henrik Hemrin