[digiKam-users] Questions About Command Line Options

Stephen Leibowitz librestephen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 08:47:37 GMT 2022

The command line help for the Windows version includes this:
--database-directory <dir> Start digikam with the SQLite database file
found in the directory <dir>

Another command line option can be used to specify the configuration file.

I am guessing that using the database-directory option would override one
or more lines in the [Database Settings] section of digikamrc. Is that
true? How do the two command line options mentioned above interact? I have
seen that there are four lines in [Database Settings] where the keyword
starts with "Database Name". With The First Run Dialog defaults and no
command line options, the four keywords all have the value
"c:/digiKam/Pictures/".