[digiKam-users] How to copy tagged pictures out of Digikam?

Ramnarayan.K Digikam ramnarayank+digikam at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 19:11:49 GMT 2022

On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 at 16:03, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> Ah, yes, as you say one can select a local directory.
>
> In fact I'm rather confused now - how would you export to a remote
> location using this?

When I use the export to remote location option it allows me to browse to a
remote location (like in the local export option). It shows me a select
remote location option - which in my case reverts to a file brower kind of
selection options.

In 'Select Export Location' I'm only offered directories available on
> the system where Digikam is running.  These *could* of course be
> directories mounted from remote systems but Digikam won't know that
> they're remote.
>
> Also what is expected in the 'Target Location:' box?  Nothing is
> offered to me there.
>
> Is the idea that 'Target Location:' is the name of a remote system and
> then you get to select directories on that remote system?  If so then
> it would be handy to know the 'type' of remote system that's expected.
>
> I am not sure what the "remote" location options are ment for. But from
looking at the other optons I wonder if it ment for locations that are not
in Digikams added directories

Ram