[digiKam-users] How to copy tagged pictures out of Digikam?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Dec 28 10:24:48 GMT 2022

Ramnarayan.K Digikam <ramnarayank+digikam at gmail.com> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: UTF-8, 17 lines --]
>
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 at 22:18, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > If I want to copy some tagged images out of Digikam how do I do it?
> >
> > Export just exports to all sorts of remote places, I just want to copy
> > the images to a directory somewhere on my system.
> >
> I use the export to remote location option and select a local directory
>
> Ram

Ah, yes, as you say one can select a local directory.

In fact I'm rather confused now - how would you export to a remote
location using this?

In 'Select Export Location' I'm only offered directories available on
the system where Digikam is running.  These *could* of course be
directories mounted from remote systems but Digikam won't know that
they're remote.

Also what is expected in the 'Target Location:' box?  Nothing is
offered to me there.

Is the idea that 'Target Location:' is the name of a remote system and
then you get to select directories on that remote system?  If so then
it would be handy to know the 'type' of remote system that's expected.

--
Chris Green
ยท