[digiKam-users] search face on an album

frederic chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:31:41 BST 2022

that's not my experience :-(

I have an album with 37 pictures (Jpeg only)  and after 1' only reached
7% (using the right click on the album), so I cancelled it
Then running it from the people left side bar, on the same album took
~8' (which is already too much from my point of view)  just for face
detection, skipping already detected faces,
then I start again the search from the righ click on the album and got
roughly the same duration

While in the previous test yesterday (before sending the mail)  , the
face detection from the people sidebar was much faster than from the
right click, today on another album both are too much slow. 8' for face
detection on a 37 pictures album is not usable :-(

FYI I'm on DK7.7.0 on Windows 10

Frederic