[digiKam-users] Duplicate images in database, but not in application. "hidden" dupe has right tags - how to restore?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 06:16:28 BST 2022

Status 4 means "Obsolete", ie a deleted image. Even if the file name is the
same, it cannot be the same image, the file size and unique hash is different.
There are a good 20,000 images between the deleted image with status 4 and the
currently visible image with status 1, probably the edited image.

I suspect your database was re-scanned after moving to the new machine. You
probably haven't updated the collection path in the database. If the
collection is local, the drive UUID must also be updated.

If you still have a backup of the old database it would not be a problem to do
this.

Maik

Am Sonntag, 17. April 2022, 01:05:39 CEST schrieb loup+digikamusers at lo-
cal.org: