[digiKam-users] Tags written by Gimp not read by digiKam

Milind Joshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Fri Apr 15 11:41:59 BST 2022

Thanks Remco,

OK. Here we go. I checked with ExifTool and the tag that was written by
Gimp appears in two places: XMP-dc|Subject and IPTC|Keywords and nowhere
else.This tag is not read even if I execute the "Item|Reread Metadata
 From File" command from digiKam. Interestingly, if I execute
"Item|Write Metadata to File" command, the tag is removed from both
XMP-dc|Subject and IPTC|Keywords!

HTH. Let me know if you still need the screenshots and I will upload
them to Dropbox.