[digiKam-users] Tags written by Gimp not read by digiKam

Milind Joshi mmjoshi at iitbombay.org
Thu Apr 14 07:07:22 BST 2022

Thanks Steve.

I had sent a detailed response to Remco with some screenshots. This
response is still pending moderator's approval, I guess because it had
many attachments. Is there any other way of sharing images?

I think digiKam writes tag information to the tiff file itself. I
haven't seen any sidecar (xmp) files being created for tiff files,
though they get created for .pef and .arw files. In any case I have
ticked options, "Read from sidecar files, Write to sidecar files (Write
to XMP sidecar for read-only item only) and Sidecar files are compatible
with commercial programs."

HTH.