[digiKam-users] Import window sees different EXIF data for MPG - is this expected?

Pete Lindgren petelindgren at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:58:23 BST 2022

Hi,

Digikam 7.6.0
Windows 10 Pro

In the Import Window (Import > Add Images...), the Metadata tab in the
right sidebar reads information from a .thm file associated with .mpg
files. This contains valuable information particularly regarding the
original creation date of the mpg data.

However, when I import the mpg file, the process does not import the .thm
file and so once the mpg is in my albums, I no longer have access to the
additional metadata. Furthermore, even when I manually copy both the MPG
and THM file into the album directory on my hard drive (outside of digiKam)
and then refresh the album within digiKam, the main digiKam window does not
show the additional information for that mpg in the metadata tab of the
right side bar. It appears as though the 'Import' window is aware of the
thm file and associates its contents with the MPG, but the main digiKam
window does not have this functionality.

Is this expected behaviour?

Kind regards,
Pete