[digiKam-users] Copying photos to a directory

Scott Patterson scottpatterson490 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:11:44 BST 2021

I was going through pictures to send to a friend the other day and was
surprised that simply dragging them from the main window to an O/S folder
window for a USB drive actually moved the files instead of copying them. It
seems like this should be a copy instead of a move as I'm not sure when you
would actually want to move photos like this. For reference, when I do this
is Mac Photos, it is simply a copy, not move.

If this action is intended, then what is a good way to go through pictures
and copying them to a USB drive, one by one?

Thanks in advance.