[digiKam-users] People Tag change file date-time despite explicit setting

Pierre Kerff pierre.kerff at outlook.com
Wed Sep 29 12:12:15 BST 2021

Dear all, is this already known, or shall I record a request for it ? Thanks to let me know.

Platform version: digiKam 7.3.0 on Windows 10

Settings:
→ Configure digiKam → Metadata → [X] Update file modification time stamp when files are modified

Action:
Assign or confirm a Person named Tag.

Issue:
The file(s) filesystem date-time is changed to now().

Side remark: don’t you think renaming the setting like “[X] Always preserve file modification time stamp” would be better understood ?

Pierre
digiKam enthusiast.