[digiKam-users] Convert XMP tag to Digikam tag, or search by XMP tag?

Jens Benecke jens-digikam at spamfreemail.de
Tue Sep 28 17:58:10 BST 2021

Hello,

I have some images that I tagged using FStop, which is a (quite capable)
Android based DAM. It's my vacation DAM and image backup.
FStop allows you to quickly tag images as "favorites" by tapping on the
image, which I quite like.
It also saves this information in an XMP sidecar as "fstop:favorite=1" tag.

I can see this information in Digikam after importing such an image
including its sidecar.

But how do I use it?
I'd like to filter by this tag, or convert it to a "real" tag (e.g.
"Favourite", or a color, or a flag, or ...).

Any ideas?

--
Regards, Jens