[digiKam-users] How to select multiple albums?

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:51:30 BST 2021

Hi,

I often find myself having to select move albums from one folder to the
parent or parent's parent folder.
When doing this, it seems I can only do it one album at a time, as I cannot
seem to Shift+click or Ctrl+click to select multiple albums. This makes the
job of moving several albums a real pain.

*Is there a way in which I can select and move multiple albums at once?*

The screenshot below illustrates what I mean:
[image: image.png]

Here, I would like to be able to select all the albums in the red rectangle
and move them up to the parent folder of the  "in" folder.

I have tried right clicking the parent folder and then Open in File
Manager.  This will open the folder in Windows Explorer or Dolphin. From
here I can then select multiple albums and move them at once. However, this
causes DK to lose track of the pictures. So DK *seems* to think these
images were just deleted. And then DK *seems* to think that some new images
(coincidentially) identical to the onces just lost were added at  some
other place. This might not be a big deal - but it is because all metadata
about these pictures in the DK database seems to have been lost. For
example: faces detected, tags assigned, etc.

(Now, I write *seems* because I am not entirely sure this is actually what
happens. Maybe the data is not actually lost - and there is a way to get it
back??)

I really hope there is a better way of doing this.