[digiKam-users] Photoshop error opening Digikam tagged files

Shel Ritter shelritterbmw at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 10:19:38 BST 2021

Hello all,

New to the list. A month ago I added a fairly large library of mostly
JPEG graphics to a newly installed Windows copy of digiKam. I've been
slowly tagging them to make the process of finding related photos
easier. But today I needed to process a few in Photoshop CS6 and found
Photoshop couldn't open any of them. The error reading:

/Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the JPEG
file./

The only way I was able to get Photoshop to open them was to have
Irfanview batch process the whole group over to a different folder. This
is on a Windows 7 PC.

Google having failed to help me here, I'm hoping someone on the list
here might have some suggestions as to what's going on. Is this a known
issue?

Thanks for any feedback on this.
Shel

PS: Sorry if this ends up as a duplicate post. I had a few problems
submitting a couple different versions of this message when a mail
server rejected them for appearing to be SPAM.