[digiKam-users] Tags not saved to HEIC Files

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:23:26 BST 2021

Hi all,

Well digiKam MUST save tags in HEIC/HEIF containers. In Windows bundles
7.3.0, the last Exiv2 0.27.4 shared library is used to manage metadata from
files, and this release supports BMFF file formats. Look the announcement
from Exiv2 project:

https://www.exiv2.org/whatsnew.html

So, The question is why this feature does not work... A debug trace with
DebugView will help to investigate. Please follow instruction here :

https://www.digikam.org/contribute/

Best regards

Gilles Caulier