[digiKam-users] Digikam MacOS keeps loosing Database on Network Drive

Alex Antão alex at familiaturista.com.br
Fri Oct 8 12:48:46 BST 2021

Hi,

  I have a MacOS, running Catalina and have a network storage with about 150Gb of photos and videos, shared to my Mac with Samba.

  This problem is from long time ago, it has been some time it did not happen, but today I faced with it again.

  Sometimes, when I close my MacBook, it disconnects the samba share, and does not connect again until I ask for it. If digikam is running this moment (it is not always that it happens) it just empties it database and starts from fresh. For me, it's tooooo bad, it takes hours to scan all my database again, and all face recognition or anything similar I have to run all again. That's. frustrating....

  Since the collection is configured as a Network Collection this should not happen.....